a blog to argue with danny

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Feel old people....

So, I was watching cable at 3am like I do every night, weeping to myself at the life I could have had, when I saw a commercial for one of those time life collection cds. But this time around, it was the songs "I" grew up with, like Oasis and the Cranberries. I guess now it's that time in my life where I can wax nostalgically at my mid-90's grunge self. Such simpler times...here's the cd: http://www.alltvstuff.com/rt8053.html , or as I like to call it, Songs from Napster. Oh, and quote of the day, this time from Brave New World:

'What fun it would be,' he thought, 'if one didn't have to think about happiness!'...It was the sort of idea that might easily make them lose faith in happiness as the Sovereign Good and take to believing, instead, that the goal was somewhere beyond, somewhere outside the present human sphere; that the purpose of life was not the maintenance of well-being, but some intensification and refining of consciousness, some enlargement of knowledge...back into the present, back into reality; the appalling present, the awful reality-but sublime, but significant, but desperately important because of the imminence of that which made them so fearful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have, at one time or another, owned 11 of those songs, I think. And at least four are on my "to buy on Napster sometime" list.

9:28 PM

 
Blogger Andrew said...

What I'm most suprised about is there choices; gin blossom's til I hear it from you over hey jealousy, fastball's out of my head over the way? And Tori Amos doing smells like teen spirit? Man, it's like they forgot what the 90's were all about.

9:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home